Our ProgramsCommunity Involvement is Key
Leadership Harrisburg Area programs offer relevant content pertaining to leadership and key leadership experiences for a variety of audiences and in a variety of formats. From our annual programs to custom designed workshops and keynote presentations for your organization, Leadership Harrisburg Area is here to serve you with our programs. Discover what we have to offer and engage with us as a resource and program partner!
Are You Ready to Lead?We Are Ready for You!
Leadership is essential and well connected leaders who understand their communities are unstoppable! Our organizations and our communities need empathetic and creative leaders to solve the problems of today and lead us into a better future. This is the time to invest in leadership development. This is the time to trust Leadership Harrisburg Area.
An investment in your continued growth and development will pay off in dividends.
Take advantage of this moment to invest in the team members who represent your organization. They are your most important brand ambassadors.
It is in our collective self interest to invest in the development of servant leaders. They will help raise the quality of life for all.
Program Updates & Adaptations
- Attendance – our historically rigid CLS attendance policies will be loosened. While we expect people to attend every session, we will encourage class members to stay home if they don’t feel well. Make-up assignments will be required and their graduation won’t be jeopardized.
- Enhanced Curriculum – given the circumstances around injustice & racism in our communities and country, all upcoming programs will include content, dialogue, and calls to action to a greater degree than ever before.
- Field Trips – some CLS sessions have been moved to later in our program year to accommodate field trips after January 1. Small group field trips may replace site visits in Fall programming.
- Home Base – all CLS & ELS sessions will be held in a consistent location where class members can be physically distanced and speakers, presenters & special guests will have plenty of room. This will help ensure that we have a guaranteed space to meet in person unless there is another government shut down.
- Meal Service – meals and beverages will be individually packaged to avoid the spread of germs.
- Sanitation Measures – hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray and wipes will be used to clean surfaces in between speakers, etc.
- Scholarships – In memory of CLS Class of 1996 alumna, Vera Cornish, LHA will select at least one person to receive a 96% tuition scholarship for the upcoming Community Leadership Series. The Vera Cornish Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to woman of color who may not otherwise have access to participate in the program. A limited number of partial tuition scholarships are also available for representatives of non profit organizations.
- Virtual Session – in the case of government ordered shut down and stay-at-home orders, our sessions will be adapted to a virtual setting.
- Wellness Checks – touchless temperature checks will performed on everyone coming into our sessions: class members, speakers & staff. Staff member will participate in wellness checks throughout the year. Anyone who is not feeling well will be asked to stay home.
The Executive Leadership Series was founded in 1995 and is designed for new-to-the-area AND newly promoted executives throughout Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry Counties.
Leadership Harrisburg Area exists to support and strengthen the nonprofit community in the Capital Region. Discover ways that we can help you and your organization.