Awards & RecognitionLeadership Harrisburg Area proudly recognizes Members 1st as the Awards Sponsor for 2019.
The Platinum Award for Servant Leadership
Each year, during the Community Leadership Series graduation event, LHA recognizes an individual who embodies servant leadership in everything they do, but especially in their service and support to our organization. We look for someone who has not only changed the landscape of our programming, but has left footprints all across the community. There is no nomination process for this award. It is driven by Leadership Harrisburg Area’s board and staff. This award was established as part of our 25th Anniversary in 2011 and the following people have been recognized with this highest honor.
- 2012 Jerry Ozog, ’04, Emergency Services Professional
- 2013 Stuart Malina, Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra
- 2014 Jody Silliker, Retired, Medical Outreach Center
- 2015 Doug Neidich, Greenworks Development
- 2016 Nate Gadsden, ’87, Retired, United Way of the Capital Region
- 2017 Eric Savage, Freedom Auto Group
- 2018 Jewel Cooper, ’96, LeTort Trust & Boyer and Ritter
The Extra Mile Award
The Extra Mile Award recognizes people who go the extra mile in service to a nonprofit organization, school, church, service club or other type of community group in Cumberland, Dauphin, or Perry County. The Extra Mile award is open to volunteers AND employees of the organization. This award is not limited to one individual per year, there will be multiple finalists and may be multiple awardees. The Extra Mile Award is presented during the Executive Leadership Series graduation event each fall. Please click on the button below for more details and to make a nomination.
- 2017 Volunteer Melissa Ark, Capital Area Girls on the Run
- 2017 Volunteer Joyce Wilder, Hospice of Central PA
- 2017 Employee Dr. Patricia Silveyra, Penn State College of Medicine
- 2018 Volunteer Karim Ouard, Tri County Community Action
- 2018 Volunteer Ivy Schneider, West Shore Young Professionals
- 2018 Volunteer James “Scottie” Scott, Team Scott Inspire
- 2018 Employee Kathy Anderson-Martin
- 2018 Employee Gwen Bickel, Ecumenical Retirement Community
- 2018 Employee Karen Cullings, Dauphin County Library System