Finding Purpose in the Pandemic
Feelings of helplessness are growing during this time of social distancing & lock down. So many of us are accustomed to hands-on service and doing nothing can be excruciating. But there are still ways that we can support the community from a distance. Many local organizations are collecting funds to provide food and essential services to the most vulnerable populations in the region.
Please check out these listings and help in any way that you can.
Here are some other ideas to find purpose during the pandemic.
- Facetime with friends and loved ones.
- Call a friend and ask how they’re doing.
- Go check on a neighbor, even if you have to talk through a window or door.
- Write a thank you note to someone you know and send it when you can.
- Write a letter to someone you know and send it when you can.
- Write encouraging little notes for people in nursing homes, healthcare professionals, and deployed military and send when you can.
- Draw, sketch, or do something artistic ~ share online so we can all enjoy!
- Take an online course or watch TEDTalks. Check out our video content “Leadership Unlocked” on Facebook and LinkedIn during the lockdown.
- Plan something for the summer or fall.
- If you believe in the power of prayer, pray!
Thank you, in advance, for your help! Take care and stay healthy!
President & CEO
Leadership Harrisburg Area