Awards & RecognitionLet’s recognize & celebrate the efforts of our volunteers & employees who go The Extra Mile!
Leadership Harrisburg Area’s award, The Extra Mile, recognizes people who go the extra mile in service to a nonprofit organization, school, church, service club or other types of community groups. The Extra Mile award is open to volunteers AND employees of the organization.
The Platinum Award for Servant Leadership
Each year, LHA selects one person who embodies servant leadership in everything they do, but especially in their service and support to our organization. This award was established as part of our 25th Anniversary in 2011 and the following people have been recognized with this highest honor.
- 2012 Jerry Ozog, ’04, Emergency Services Professional
- 2013 Stuart Malina, Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra
- 2014 Jody Silliker, Retired, Medical Outreach Center
- 2015 Doug Neidich, Greenworks Development
- 2016 Nate Gadsden, Retired, United Way of the Capital Region
- 2017 Eric Savage, Freedom Auto Group
- 2018 Jewel Cooper, ’96, LeTort Trust & Boyer and Ritter