Leadership Harrisburg Area exists to support and strengthen the nonprofit community in the Capital Region. After all, a robust nonprofit sector improves our quality of life with arts and cultural opportunities; by providing a well trained and educated workforce; by positioning local businesses to successfully recruit new employees outside of the area; and by attracting new businesses to settle here.
Leadership Harrisburg Area is a HUB to connect members of the business community with opportunities to serve in the nonprofit sector. If your nonprofit organization isn’t connected with LHA, you’re not maximizing your resources.
In addition to our leadership training programs, LHA offers these services:
- Access to an alumni base nearly 1000 strong through our Graduate Directory, targeted recruiting, and/or personal reference.
- Distribution of written announcements and social media postings for board openings, volunteer opportunities, and events.
- Presentations to large and small groups on the topics of Servant Leadership and Effective Community Service.
- Partnership in program development around leadership topics and community involvement for events, specific audiences, and niche markets.
- Alumni on Assignment is a once and done effort feasible for 10-100 volunteers for as little as 2 hours up to 8+ hours on site. Two projects are selected each year, one in the Fall and one in the Spring. Click here for a printable application. Click here for an interactive form.
- Annual volunteer teams of 5-7 professionals from September to May to address a specific need for your organization. Click here for a printable application. Click here for interactive form. Click here for a list and brief description of past Team Projects.